It’s Christmas time. Yes, we said Christmas – it is time to get your finances ready for holiday madness!
YOU REALLY CAN’T START EARLY ENOUGH WITH HOLIDAY PLANNING.
- Being prepared = less stress.
2. Lack of planning = busted budgets.
WHAT ARE THE BEST WAYS TO DEVELOP A HOLIDAY FINANCIAL PLAN?
• Have a family meeting.
• What events and traditions are important to you?
• Draw names for gifts.
• Plan your holiday travel.
DO MOST PEOPLE CREATE A HOLIDAY BUDGET?
No, but it is a great idea to set a budget for gift giving.
• Average family spending: $700
• Set aside holiday cash as soon as possible.
• Get organized:
• Keep, pitch, donate your holiday decorations.
• Inventory your gift closet.
Without being rushed, you can be creative and plan experiences, control debt, enjoy family and friends.
This segment originally aired on WBIR 9/24/17.