With spring in bloom, we are also entering wedding season! Getting married is truly a family affair when it comes to figuring out how to pay for it!
WEDDINGS CAN BE EXPENSIVE…
- The average Tennessee wedding typically costs between $20,000 to $30,000.
- A Manhattan wedding’s average cost is $82,000!
LET’S BREAK IT DOWN, WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST EXPENSES?
- Venue and Catering
- Private venues are very popular
- The average cost per guest runs $100-200/person
- Wedding wardrobe and jewelry
WHAT ARE SOME TIPS FOR KEEPING WEDDING COSTS DOWN?
- Cut down the number of guests
- Think outside the box: June and December are the most popular; consider other times of year. Time of day: mid-day is cheaper than evening
- DIY: Invites. Flowers. Decorations.
- Have a wedding reception at a park or in a church fellowship hall
- Ideally, plan ahead: parents, bride, groom – save and set a realistic budget