As the holiday seasons near, we are beginning to prepare ourselves both mentally and physically for all the festivities that are certain to accompany the season. As we think about the many paths this holiday season could take, I’d like to offer you a few of my personal tips for the long-anticipated parties, shopping sprees, and family fun!
- Make A Budget: Having a plan is never a bad idea, especially when shopping. That way if you see some items that you are enticed to buy you will have a game plan to not overspend.
- Take the time to just relax: Everybody knows how easy it is to get swept up in the craziness but carving out even just a couple of minutes a day for yourself can make a huge difference in your stress levels.
- Sleep: Don’t underestimate the power of a good night’s rest. If you can’t get 6-8 hours at night, try to sneak in a cat nap so you feel energized and ready to face all those holiday shenanigans.
- Staying Healthy: The holiday season is either the culprit of weight gain or stressful dieting. This season let’s strive for consistency. Try eating the foods you want but in smaller/regular portions and try to stray away from overeating.
- Have Fun: Remember that this is a time to relax from work and spend time with those that you love. Enjoy it and go with the flow, more than likely you won’t regret it!