The saying goes, “A goal not written down is merely a wish!” As you begin to ponder your goals for 2018, what are your plans for financial success?
THE NEW YEAR WILL BE HERE BEFORE WE KNOW IT, WHAT ARE SOME DO’S AND DON’T FOR SETTING MONEY GOALS?
Let’s start with the “DO’S:”
- Be specific about goals and make them measurable.
- Set regular and “stretch” goals: 10-20% higher.
- Share your goals with friends and family. Ask them to hold you accountable.
- Monitor your progress: weekly, monthly, quarterly. Make adjustments.
WHAT ARE SOME “DON’T’S” THAT WE SHOULD AVOID:
- Don’t go it alone.
- Don’t lose faith. You will experience challenges.
- Don’t lose focus. Distractions abound.
- Don’t worry. Especially about things you can’t control.
- Don’t quit.
SO A LOT OF FINANCIAL SUCCESS IS REALLY MENTAL!
Bingo. Grit, resilience, determination!
- Stay positive.
- Stay patient.
- Be generous.