Family Promise’s mission is to provide a community-based response that empowers and equips families experiencing homelessness and housing instability to achieve sustainable independence. Their Vision is an East Tennessee where each and every child knows the safety and security of home and each parent has the chance to build a better future for their family.
Family Promise has a prevention program, an emergency shelter, graduate support services, and transitional housing available to the families they support. They ensure families are kept together through these difficult times in their lives. They have an 88% success rate of families in their shelter program securing housing because of the intensive case management and community support.
Asset Planning Corporation would like to invite you to join us as we give back to our community through Family Promise. We will be collecting the items listed below from now, December 1st, until January 15th.
- Office supplies: printer paper
- Laundry supplies: detergent (HE), bleach
- Paper products: paper plates, paper towels, plastic eating utensils
- Toiletries: deodorant, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, combs, feminine hygiene products, mouth wash
- Baby products: disposable diapers, wipes
- Bath towels and washcloths
- Over-the-counter medicine: Tylenol, Cold Medicine, Orajel, Cough Drops, Alcohol Swabs
- New bed pillows
- New or gently used household items
- Cleaning products: Trash Bags, Lysol spray, Lysol Wipes
- Gift cards for essentials: Walmart, Food City, Kroger, Gas Cards, etc.
- Bus Pass, UBER, and LYFT gift cards